Campuses of Charles University are located in several districts of Prague, but the oldest buildings are located in the very center of the city and are beautiful monuments of ancient architecture. Since all buildings are located close to key tourist sites, all recreational facilities – cafes, bars, theaters and shops – are within walking distance from campuses and dormitories.
year of foundation of the university
Charles University has 17 faculties: 14 in Prague, 2 in Hradec Kralove and 1 in Pilsen. 53 thousand students study here – this is one sixth of all students in the Czech Republic.
- Catholic Theological Faculty
- Evangelical Theological Faculty
- Hussite Theological Faculty
- Faculty of Law
- First Faculty of Medicine
- Second Faculty of Medicine
- Third Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Medicine in Pilsen
- Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Kralove
- Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Kralove
- Faculty of Philosophy
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Physics and Mathematics
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Physical Education and Sports
- Faculty of Humanities
Studying at Charles University in Czech is free , a year of study in English is from 2,000 euros to 15,000 euros per year. It all depends on the faculty and specialty.
Speech by the speaker of Charles University – participant of the online fair – in October 2021 ↓
Doubt your choice?
Sign up for a free consultation – find out where and how you can get a higher education.