Online English Club: Interactive Reading
Get acquainted with the literary heritage of the classics.
Form the skills of stylistic analysis: understanding the subtext of the work, the visual means of the author.
Improve your speaking skills. Expand your vocabulary.
Cost 2000 Kč per course
How are lessons online conducted?
Together with the teacher, you will analyze the stories you read in terms of stylistic devices and the author’s ideas. Special interactive tasks will help:
- understand the idea of the work
- check if you understand the text
- improve your speaking skills
- expand vocabulary with new phrases
Balova Olga Leonidovna
Online teacher of English, English literature, economics in English.
What will we read:
- John Updike “Orphaned Pool”
- Cynthia Ozick “Shawl”
- Kurt Vonnegut “Harrison Bergeron”
- Ambrose Bierce “The Owl Bridge Incident”
- Ernest Hemingway “White Elephants”
- Shirley Jackson “The Lottery”
- O. Henry “Furnished Room”
- D.K. Oates “Ladies and Gentlemen”
A club for real pros in English, for those who are ready to plunge into the classics!
Do you read in the original, speak and write with ease, and seem to have achieved everything already? So it’s time to take on the classics! At club meetings you:
- meet American writers – outstanding masters of the short story,
- you will be able to fully experience the full depth and power of the works and understand why their stories have become the golden heritage of world literature,
- discover the hidden subtext, see the stylistic devices that the author used and maybe you can apply them yourself.
Become a real literary gourmet, feel the taste of the classics!
Sign up for a consultation
Ask questions and we will answer them in detail.